Service Tech at Kennett
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products
- Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties
To apply, please complete the application below.
John Deere Agriculture Technology
The John Deere Agriculture Technology (Ag Tech) program is designed to advance the skill level of new John Deere service technicians and prepare them to excel in today's high-tech, fast-paced field of agricultural mechanization, a career path with excellent employment opportunities. Students who complete the two-year program are awarded an Associate of Applied Science in Agriculture Equipment Technology. Students learn within an environment that stresses a balanced rotation of classroom theory and hands-on labs outfitted with advanced training aids and the latest equipment. Students gain valuable, practical insight and real-world experience by applying what they have learned during paid internships at John Deere dealerships - a wonderful opportunity for students to 'earn while they learn.' The John Deere Ag Tech curriculum, designed by John Deere and ASU-Beebe, addresses the full range of technological advances across John Deere's Agricultural Equipment and Turf Equipment product lines. John Deere provides approximately $1 million worth of equipment for lab activities. Instructors provide personal, dedicated instruction on engine systems, power trains, hydraulics, machine setup, and adjustment, as well as high-tech precision farming systems, electronics, schematics, and diagnostic computers. Students also gain practical experience and expertise working with the computer-assisted resource materials used throughout the John Deere service network.
To learn more about enrolling in the program, request more information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org